On Sat, 16 Oct 2021, Erik Demaine wrote:

Assuming the support remains relatively unanimous for [*...], {*...}, and {**...} (thanks for all the quick replies!), I'll put together a PEP.

As promised, I put together a pre-PEP (together with my friend and coteacher Adam Hartz, not currently subscribed, but I'll keep him aprised):

https://github.com/edemaine/peps/blob/unpacking-comprehensions/pep-9999.rst

For this to become an actual PEP, it needs a sponsor. If a core developer would be willing to be the sponsor for this, please let me know. (This is my first PEP, so if I'm going about this the wrong way, also let me know.)

Meanwhile, I'd welcome any comments! In writing things up, I became convinced that generators should be supported, but arguments should not be supported; see the document for details why.

Erik
--
Erik Demaine  |  edema...@mit.edu  |  http://erikdemaine.org/