I like this. I think explicitly discussing order of inclusion would be
worthwhile. I know it's implied by the approximate equivalents, but
actually stating it would improve the PEP, IMO.

For example:

nums = [(1, 2, 3), (1.0, 2.0, 3.0)]
nset = {*n for n in nums}

Does 'nset' wind up containing integers or floats? Is this a language
guarantee?