On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 11:00:43AM +0000, Paul Moore wrote:

> At one level, it's trivial. A deferred expression is `lambda:
> expression`. Evaluating it is `deferred_expr()`.
[...]
> We can't have a PEP or an implementation until we know what we're
> proposing/implementing.

Indeed. I have been working on, well, dabbling with, for three or four
years now, and I'm still not entirely sure what I'm proposing. But, yes,
I agree, it most likely will involve an explicit "undefer" or evaluate
step.

It would probably be easier if we were designing a language from
scratch, like Haskell, rather than trying to retrofit the concept into
an existing language.