Chris Angelico writes:

 > By "alternative ideas", do you mean "alternative ways to implement
 > argument defaults",

As you just phrased it, yes.  I do not know how I can make that more
obvious.

If you didn't mean what you wrote so generally, but really mean
"concrete, ready for copy-and-paste into PEP 671", then no.[1]  And I
don't know how to make that more obvious, either.

Until you understand that, I think this subthread is a dead letter.

Footnotes:
[1]  Steven d'Aprano has a proposal that as I understand it mitigates
most of my concrete reservations, but I worry that it would not be
generalizable if and when a generic facility for representing and
handling evaluation-deferred expressions is added.