Back in my original post, I pointed out that engineers and scientists in their
modern day workflows are expected to have basic programming language skills,
and are expected to use those skills when pre-packaged software solutions leave
gaps in their workflows, but they are explicitly told that they are not "paid
to write code", leading to bad programming practices and wasted hours and
(unpaid) overtime resolving issues that could have been avoided if there was an
implementation of scientific and engineering units that was too easy use to be
ignored. This is a problem that I have run into dozens of times, and at more
than place.

So yes, I am thinking about the real world. This is not an ivory tower fantasy.
If a baker is writing python code, it's either a hobby or something that they
plan to sell or are getting paid to do. Inventory systems have their own
concept of units. But they also have dedicated teams of software engineers to
handle whatever conversions and representations they need, and will continue to
do so with unitless quantities.

As I said originally, there is a real-world need for native or like-native
support for standard scientific and engineering units is there, and it is
growing. The only question is, should Python provide a solution? I can see that
your answer is no, because it doesn't meet the needs of the bakers. I don't
expect everyone to see updating or creating a new programming language to be
the answer. But, no offense, the reasoning you have given for your opinion is
not something that I can take seriously.