On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 10:42:16PM -0400, Ricky Teachey wrote:

> I was cheerleading this effort earlier and I still think it would be a
> massive contribution to needs of the engineering world to solve this
> problem at the language level. But boy howdy is it a tough but of a problem
> to crack.

More than 35 years of prior art says hello.

My HP-28C calculator supported unit conversion in the mid 1980s, and a
few years later HP were offering calculators that supported arithmetic
on units.

If you want to see some prior art, check out the chapters on Units here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150608024051/http://www.hp41.net/forum/fileshp41net/hp28sref.pdf

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00442266.pdf

If you are on a Linux or Unix system, you can check out the "units"
program:

[steve@ando ~]$ units "3 ounces * 200 furlongs per fortnight" "kg m/s"
        * 0.0028288774
        / 353.49711