On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 7:45 PM Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 4/4/22 13:31, David Mertz, Ph.D. wrote:
>
>  > You should probably change the thread subject to "All-and-only 7 SI
> units" if that's what you mean.
>
> While I'm sure SI would be very useful, I suspect that any system will
> have to be useful for a much broader audience to
> be accepted; given the vast amount of units, I suspect individual
> libraries will be needed for each area/discipline.

That's pretty much exactly my point.  Every time anyone points out
complications or difficulties, Brian falls back to "we only care about the
7 SI units, all other uses are illegitimate."  Since that is his position,
he should state that in the thread.

I think a LIBRARY (not syntax) that handles the real complication of units
is an excellent thing. A couple do exists, but I'm sure they could be
further improved.