Google:

"python more collections pypi"

gets quite a few hits -- I haven't checked out any of them though.

Depending on a third party package does take some thought -- but for
something like this you could simply "vendor" a particular class (i.e.
include the code with yours).

Totally different topic, but I do think that a "curated" package repo would
be helpful -- there is a lot of cruft on PyPi :-(

-CHB

Christopher Barker, PhD (Chris)

Python Language Consulting
  - Teaching