Python has the "star" ("*") operator for multiplication. In the context of
collections it is supposed to mean element-wise multiplication. Its associated
operator is __mul__. It also has the double star ("**") operator for
exponentiation, which is repeated multiplication. Its associated operator is
__exp__.In addition to that Python has the "at" ("@") operator for
multiplication. In the context of collections it should mean linear product,
like matrix times a matrix, or matrix times vector. Its associated method is
__matmul__.For completeness we should now have the exponentiation operator
meaning repeated application of the "at" operator. Its method could me
__matexp__.