On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 04:02, Dom Grigonis <dom.grigo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I would alternatively propose is to introduce a couple of (meaningless
> operators), so that library developers can make use of them as they wish.
> What characters aren't used? “$, ?, `” (or are they?).

What should their precedences be? Operators have to be given that, at
least. Unfortunately, whatever precedence you choose, it's going to be
awkwardly wrong for at least some potential use-cases.

That said, though, there are some pretty cool packages out there that
create arbitrary operators. Some of them take advantage of multiple
operators to allow multiple effective precedences. Consider for
example:

https://pypi.org/project/infix/

ChrisA