Carl Banks wrote:
Arich Chanachai wrote:

But
then again, if you don't like C++, you probably won't like Java.

They

can be very different languages, but in my experience, the reasons

why

one does not like C++ is usually due to a quality/flaw that can also

be

found in Java.

Oh, brother.

The Zen of Python says that "simple is better than complex" and
"complex is better than complicated".  Java does pretty well here.  C++
didn't even get "complicated is better than convoluted" right.  There's
are a ton of flaws in C++ not found in Java.

I knew this would get blown out of proportion, but I posted nevertheless.  I was saying that Java and C++ share flaws (some and perhaps all of which could be perceived as qualities by someone) and that these common flaws are often the reason why people do not like C++ or Java.  This is speaking from experience, not statistical evidence.  In no way was I saying that both languages were the same or aligned at particular levels of complexity/simplicity.  Both have flaws and qualities the other does not.  Whether or not C++ has "a ton of flaws" not found in Java or not, this was not my subject of discussion.  I was not speaking in quantitative terms as I was referring purely to those flaws which are common to both and coming to a conclusion based on experience with people who do not like C++ or Java.

- Arich

P.S.  All in good fun but I am not your brother.  ;-)