Back in this post, I attempted to make a label look like a button:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/a83195d3970a6851/2053cbaec1bc1f19?auth=DQAAAHkAAAAMDAWnhNnzpuKlwOKZUwAGUTtT2Ay-EAB7rCY6SnwfnDzZ98M37bZDW2Is0LrBVrr8XEgPfcuOkiUE-CrSsKbBSX-67voDUXfbATBd0eYNMClezby4EXT2fuLm6f0llJ_xMO8BfkjVho_7CZvlf_9tNGnJixTbq8zr21ODZBhouQ

Alright, I've learned my lesson - don't use a new widget; modify the
old one.

Except the Entry widget doesn't have a disabledforeground option.
Neither does the Text widget, but IDLE seems to accomplish making a
disabled Text look the same as an enabled Text in the IDLE Help
section.

No, foreground (fg) and background (bg) don't make a difference; it
still changes the color of the Entry widget upon disabling.

There must be something I'm missing here...