Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
Duncan Booth wrote:

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

There is a OS-tool-chain supported on windows, cygwin.

this depends on cygwin.dll, which is GPL licensed

[or am I wrong?]

It is GPL licensed with an amendment which prevents the GPL spreading to other open source software with which it is linked.

"In accordance with section 10 of the GPL, Red Hat, Inc. permits programs whose sources are distributed under a license that complies with the Open Source definition to be linked with libcygwin.a without libcygwin.a itself causing the resulting program to be covered by the GNU GPL."

If I understand this right, I cannot produce commercial software with the cygwin toolset.

Wait, you demand a completely open source toolchain on a proprietary operating system to develop proprietary software?

The mind *boggles*.

--
Robert Kern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]