r a écrit :
I noticed when i mentioned "self" nobody wants to touch that subject.
There could be many reasons why...

0.) nobody but the 10 regulars i see here exists
1.) nobody cares(doubt it)
2.) nobody is brave enough to question it(maybe)
3.) most people like to type self over and over again(doubt it)
4.) most people here have given up on changing the BDFL's mind about
it. (good possibility)
5.) this is a hot-button topic(no doubt in my mind!)

6.) you are definitevely clueless.

(snip)

I love python's classes, but HATE self.redundant!

This declaration only makes clear that answer to your above question is #6.

This really needs to
be fixed,

Your ignorance needs to be fixed, yes, indeed. Please go and fix it - all the relevant materials is available in (or linked from somewhere in) this newgroup's archives.

and you have not heard the last from me about it!!!

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Welcome to my bozo filter. Please come back when you'll have grown a brain.