En Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:46:34 -0200, bvdp <b...@mellowood.ca> escribió:

Chris Rebert wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM, bvdp <b...@mellowood.ca> wrote:
[problem with Python and Windows paths using backslashes]
 Is there any particular reason you can't just internally use regular
forward-slashes for the paths? They work in Windows from Python in
nearly all cases and you can easily interconvert using os.pathsep if
you want the path to be pretty when you show it to (or get it from)
the user or whatever.

Just because I never really thought too much about it :) I'm doing my work on a linux box and my user is on windows ... and he's used to using '\' ... but, you are absolutely right! Just use '/' on both systems and be done with it. Of course I still need to use \x20 for spaces, but that is easy.

Why is that? "\x20" is exactly the same as " ". It's not like %20 in URLs, that becomes a space only after decoding.

py> '\x20' == ' '
True
py> '\x20' is ' '
True

(ok, the last line might show False, but being True means that both are the very same object)

--
Gabriel Genellina