En Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:34:58 -0300, John Machin <sjmac...@lexicon.net> escribió:
On Mar 26, 9:59 pm, lkcl <luke.leigh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

a number of people using pyjamas are not only encountering
difficulties with setup.py endeavouring to download and install
"setuptools" but also they are ... the best word to use is
unfortunately "offended" - by the fact that distutils, in its default
configuration, downloads and even _compiles_ its dependencies -
*without consent*.
Whatever is happening, don't blame distutils -- it's absolutely
nothing to do with distutils. *You* are using a setup.py that calls
setuptools, which is a quite different distribution method. Have you
read the setuptools documentation? Didn't you *test* your setup.py
before making it available to the world?

(Ouch, I didn't notice your earlier reply when I posted mostly the same thing, sorry!)

--
Gabriel Genellina