On 2009-07-25 02:55, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
Dr. Phillip M. Feldman schrieb:
Here's a simple-minded example:

def dumbfunc(xs):
for x in xs:
print x

This function works fine if xs is a list of floats, but not if it is
single
float. It can be made to work as follows:

def dumbfunc(xs):
if isinstance(xs,(int,float,complex)): xs= [xs]
for x in xs:
print x

Having to put such extra logic into practically every function is one
of the
annoying things about Python.

And where comes "len(xs)" into play here? What you want is iteration
over scalars.

He explained in another post that iteration is another feature along the same lines that he would want for scalars.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco