Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
* James Harris:

You get way too deep into Python in places (for a beginner's course in
programming). For example, "from now on I’ll always use from
__future__ in any program that uses print."

Sorry, but I think that hiding such concerns is a real disservice.

The disservice is in teaching folks to use non-standard elements, which is (sort-of) what __future__ is. Changes to the language are experimented with in __future__ and can change from one release to the next. If memory serves, the with statement is an example of having different behavior when it was moved out of __future__ and made a standard part of the language.

~Ethan~