joblack wrote:
Where does the error occur? If Cameron is right, it occurs somewhere
completely different, when serializer.dump() is already long done, when
some unsuspecting fool tries to do something with serializer.outf (such
as closing it)
I have found it but still I don't get it.

Dump looks like this:

File "C: ... ineptpdf8.4.20.pyw", line 1266, in initialize return
self.initialize_fopn(docid, param)
File "C: ... ineptpdf8.4.20.pyw", line 1411, in initialize_fopn print
buildurl

IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Two strange things:

1st: in the buildurl is only the url (as a string) to open (something
like http://www.serverblaba.com/asdfasdf?wdfasdf=4&awfwf=34 ...)
2nd: it works if I start in in IDLE, it doesn't work if I double klick
on the .pyw file.

How can printing out a string throw a IOError exception? I'm quite
puzzled.

The extension .pyw says to run the script without opening a console
window. If there's no console, the script can't print to it. Result?
IOError exception.