On 1/18/2011 3:29 PM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Is there any other solution for the problem that Python promotes this
bad GUI than removing it from the default package?

I am generally for better accessibility, but I consider the notion that if everyone cannot have something, then no one should, to be rather pernicious.

Not only Python does this. For the reason that "it is more simple and
we don't care about the problems it generates", ActiveState does the
same and it does the same with ActivePerl, but it doesn't mean that
it is something good.

So persuade them or someone to make it better, or is ActiveState actively opposed to that?

--
Terry Jan Reedy