On 1/26/2011 11:00 AM, Bryan wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:47 am, "Octavian Rasnita"<orasn...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I couldn't find the word soapbox in the dictionary

Then get a better dictionary, or use on of the free, online ones.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soapbox

Definition of SOAPBOX
: an improvised platform used by a self-appointed, spontaneous, or informal orator; broadly : something that provides an outlet for delivering opinions

Soap used to be delivered to local general stores in sturdy wooden boxes, a bit longer than milk cartons. Flipped top down on the grass of a public area, the bottom was used as a speaking platform.

Being sturdy, kids sometimes put wheels on them to ride in and even race. Hence, 'soapbox (or soap box) derby'.

Please be more clear and not talk like the high school kids.

Please give up the insults. I have stopped reading your repetitive posts and only saw this one because Bryan quoted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapbox

--
Terry Jan Reedy