On 04/13/2013 01:26 AM, Cousin Stanley wrote:
someone wrote:

So SQLite is very good for "practicing"

   Yes it is but it is also very good
   for much more than just practice ....

   Check the wikipedia info ....

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sqlite

Very interesting...

     "It is arguably the most widely deployed database engine,
      as it is used today by several widespread browsers,
      operating systems, and embedded systems, among others"

   The firefox browser keeps different sqlite database files
   for various uses ....

I should remember to use this in the future for my small apps...

   If you use firefox check its default directory
   and you will see several files with .sqlite
   file type extensions ....

   Under debian debian linux ....

     ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default

You're right:

/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/addons.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/chromeappsstore.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/content-prefs.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/cookies.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/downloads.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/extensions.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/formhistory.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/permissions.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/places.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/search.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/signons.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/urlclassifier3.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/webappsstore.sqlite

Very interesting, I didn't knew that :-)

   Many programmers, including pythonistas,
   use sqlite for a convenient and persistent
   data store where data can be stashed now
   and used later in many different ways
   through the diversity of sql selections ....

I'll try to do this in the future also... I just have to practice a bit more with the SQL commands, but now I can create, update, delete, query and I guess that's the most important things to know :-)

Thanks for your help and for providing interesting background info :-)