On 08/12/2013 19:06, rafaella...@gmail.com wrote:
i get it, thanks a lot i wrote a different one and it works

def people(age):
     people=[name for name in dic if dic[name]==age]
     print(people)

people(20)

i have one last question

it asks me to test my program function by running these lines:
print ’Dan’ in people(18) and ’Cathy’ in people(18)
print ’Ed’ in people(19) and ’Helen’ in people(19) and\
’Irene’ in people(19) and ’Jack’ in people(19) and ’Larry’in
people(19)
print ’Alice’ in people(20) and ’Frank’ in people(20) and ’Gary’ in
people(20)
print people(21) == [’Bob’]
print people(22) == [’Kelly’]
print people(23) == []

but when i wrote these lines it returns me an error
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/rafaellasavva/Desktop/people.py", line 19, in <module>
     print 'Dan' in people(18) and 'Cathy' in people(18)
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not utterable

do you know what it might be wrong?

You've typed up the error message instead of using cut and paste, which is why it says "utterable" instead of "iterable"? :) Seriously, it's already been pointed out that your people function needs a return statement. Without it, the default returned is always None.

Would you also please read and action this
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython as it prevents us seeing huge numbers of unwanted newlines which some find extremely irritating.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence