On 09/12/2013 05:07, ru...@yahoo.com wrote:
On 12/08/2013 05:27 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 09/12/2013 00:08, ru...@yahoo.com wrote:
On 12/08/2013 12:17 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM,  <rafaella...@gmail.com> wrote:>[...]
[...]
To the OP, please ignore the above, it's sheer, unadulterated rubbish.
Nobody has ever been bullied into doing anything.  People have however
been asked repeatedly to either A) use the link referenced above to
avoid sending double spaced crap here from the inferior google groups
product or B) use an alternative technology that doesn't send double
spaced crap.

Mark, I appreciate your calm and reasonable requests for people
to checkout the page you gave a link to, that's why I repeated
your advice.  It is also why I responded to Chris and not to you.

However it does not change the fact that people here have responded
in rather extreme way to GG posts including calling GG users "twits"
and claiming GG posts damage their eyesight, as well as repeatedly
denying the obvious fact that GG is much easier to use for many than
to subscribe to a usenet provider or to a mailing list.  One frequently
sees words like "crap", "slimy", "rubbish" etc to describe GG posts
which is pretty intimating to people who just want some help with a
python question using a tool they already know how to use and have
had no complaints about in other places.

Well you can ask iMath, amongst others, not to send double spaced google nonsense. They've been asked repeatedly, politely, but apparently have no consideration at all for people who have no interest in seeing this ill formed dross spread throughout web land.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence