Le 08.12.2013 19:32, rafaella...@gmail.com a écrit :
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:27:34 PM UTC, bob gailer wrote:
On 12/8/2013 12:59 PM, rafaella...@gmail.com wrote:

i have a dictionary with names and ages for each name. I want to write a
function that takes in an age and returns the names of all the people who are
that age.

please help

Welcome to the python list. Thanks for posting a question.

If you were hoping for one of us to write the program for you ... well

that's not what we do on this list.

Please post the code you have so far and tell us exactly where you need

help.

Also tell us what version of Python, what OS, and what you use to write

and run Python programs.

name = ['Alice', 'Bob', 'Cathy', 'Dan', 'Ed', 'Frank', 'Gary', 'Helen',
'Irene', 'Jack', 'Kelly', 'Larry']
age = [20, 21, 18, 18, 19, 20, 20, 19, 19, 19, 22, 19]
dic={}
def combine_lists(name,age):
     for i in range(len(name)):
         dic[name[i]]= age[i]
combine_lists(name,age)
print dic

def people(age):
     people=lambda age: [name for name in dic if dic[name]==age]

people(20)

this is the code i have so far(with the help of the first post ;p). i
understand how a function and a dictionary works and what I'm asked to find.
but i don't get the lambda age part. and this code doesn't give me any result

You didn't write a function which return a result, so you have no
result.