On 03/02/2016 02:44 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

I don't know. Maybe I need to ask the flake8 author about his
rationale for this message. It seems to me from my experience with the
language that this particular message is going against pretty common
practice. Does vim's Python mode exhibit similar behavior by default?
What about other editors/IDEs?

My vim mode indents an extra four spaces when continuing lines (so eight total), and dedents back four after the ): (which does line up with the extra-indented conditions, but with the original condition).

I find the different indentation levels for conditions version body to be very helpful.

--
~Ethan~