On 27.01.2021 01:52, Skip Montanaro wrote:
Agree with Grant on these points. I certainly use gdb to debug C code
(like the interpreter), but for Python code, tracebacks and print
statements pretty much take care of things.
I thought so for the first 12 year of using Python.
For the last 12 years I have been using an IDE/debugger with built-in console.

It boosted productivity by at least a factor of two.

Sometimes "python -i ..." and "import pdb" is good enough, being able to inspect variables after an exception.
I have the impression that pdb as post mortem debugger is not well known...

Regards,

Dietmar