rbowman <bow...@montana.com> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2024 23:26:39 +0100, Daniel wrote:
>
>> New here. I've perused some posts and haven't seen a posting FAQ for
>> this NG. I'm learning python right now to realize some hobby goals I
>> have regarding some smolnet services. What are the NG standards on
>> pasting code in messages? Do yall prefer I post a pastebin link if it's
>> over a certain number of lines? I know this isn't IRC - just asking.
>
> <snark>
> Standards? This is usenet, the last remaining wild west. Good news: c.l.p
> isn't overrun by trolls.  Bad news: c.l.p doesn't seem to be overrun by
> much of anybody.
> </snark>

I'm not worried much about large populations. i've been on massive
forums and had less results than I did with an IRC channel with four
users.

> smolnet, as in things like

Lesser used protocols not known by many in the mainstream. Such as:

gopher, gemini, finger, spartan, titan, etc.

An example of use, here's a weather service tied to a finger. Put your
city name as the user. This isn't mine, but it is inspiring. Example:

finger mi...@graph.no

For all options, go to the help finger:

finger h...@graph.no

Daniel