From: Python-list <python-list-bounces+avi.e.gross=gmail....@python.org> On
Behalf Of rbowman via Python-list
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2024 1:22 AM
To: python-list@python.org
Subject: Re: new here

On Fri, 23 Aug 2024 16:23:42 +1200, dn wrote:

> Adding a display to the Pico-W is my next project... After that, gyros
> (am thinking it may not go so well, on balance... hah!).

https://toptechboy.com/two-axis-tilt-meter-displaying-pitch-and-roll-
using-an-mpu6050-on-the-raspberry-pi-pico-w/

You might have to go back a lesson or two for the lead up. As he generally
says in the intro most of what he uses is from the Sunfounder Kepler kit.
It has a standard LCD display but he suggested buying the OLED separately
and used it for Lissajous patterns and other fancier stuff.

It's not a bad series although he can be long-winded and his Python style
definitely isn't PEP8 friendly.

https://toptechboy.com/

He switched to the Arduino Uno R4 after the IR controller/NeoPixel Pico
project and I don't know if he intends to go back to the Pico. He uses
Thonny but I use the MicroPython extension in VS Code. Lately I've been
using Code for everything. Mostly I work on Linux boxes but it's all the
same on Windows. There is a PlatformIO extension that works with Arduino
and other boards. PyLance upsets some because it's a MS product but it
works well too.  I've used PyCharm and like it but I also work on C, .NET,
Angular, and other projects and Code gives me a uniform IDE.