On Tue, 1 Oct 2024 at 08:56, Grant Edwards via Python-list
<python-list@python.org> wrote:

> On 2024-09-30, Dan Sommers via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:
>
> > In Common Lisp, integers can be written in any integer base from two
> > to thirty six, inclusive.  So knowing the last digit doesn't tell
> > you whether an integer is even or odd until you know the base
> > anyway.
>
> I had to think about that for an embarassingly long time before it
> clicked.

The only part I'm not clear on is what identifies the base. If you're
going to write numbers little-endian, it's not that hard to also write
them with a base indicator before the digits. But, whatever. This is a
typical tangent and people are argumentative for no reason. I was just
trying to add some explanatory notes to why little-endian does make
more sense than big-endian.

ChrisA