Just FYI - pexpect is a Python app that works like Expect - which is by
Don Libes and written in TCL. Expect comes with most Linux
distributions and is available for most UNIX / Linux versions from its
web site http://expect.nist.gov/

The expect man page is enough to get started for simple needs, such as
yours appears to be. You might want to play around with the original
Expect a bit and then try out pexpect  - or you could just use Expect
itself for your needs.

HTH
Vasudev
---