Tim Golden wrote:
I have a request of the python-win32 community. Have a look at:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python-on-windows/

In particular, click through to the section on the Registry (which is the only section which has anything useful in it!)
and then tell me what you think.

Thanks for a much needed resource.

Please omit the space before ( in code. I find that very distracting. Example:

print result.Properties_ ("sValue").Value # current

print result.Properties_("sValue").Value # preferred, and how most code I've
seen looks.

You said "you can drop them straight onto an interpreter window and run them"

It would be quite nice if the Python for Windows Interactive Window also worked that way. Unfortunately copying your examples and pasting there does NOT work, and that has always been a pain in the butt for me.

I'd also like to see a section on Python for Windows customization. I have looked at the (I forget the name of) file that defines keystrokes and other goodies, but have no clue as to how to modify or extend it. I asked years ago for guidance and got none.

I would love to be able to hack Python for Window for a variety of reasons, so would also like some guidance rather than just "go read the source".

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239 Chapel Hill, NC