--- On Fri, 1/30/09, Mark Tolonen <metolone+gm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two days ago I changed Control
> Panel, Regional and Language Options, Advanced tab,
> "Select a language to match the language version of the
> non-Unicode programs you want to use:" from
> "English (United States)" to "Chinese
> (PRC)" to work with Python 2.6 and 3.0 Unicode scripts
> dealing with Chinese characters at the console prompt.

I tried that and got the same behavior. This must be related to the Scintilla
bug I mentioned earlier ("PythonWin non-ascii chars typing bug" on Jan 26).

The first of my suggestions (downgrading to Scintilla 1.74) will resolve this
(at least with ASCII chars; I didn't try with Chinese).

The second one (Scintilla 1.77 + SCI_SETKEYSUNICODE) doesn't help with Chinese,
even though it works for a Greek system codepage (cp1253). Probably because the
Chinese codepage is multibyte.