En Fri, 08 Jan 2010 00:25:15 -0300, Gareth Walters <gar...@maptel.com.au> escribió:

I have done some python work before but I new to the COM stuff. I am trying to Create a MXD and layers to it from python. I have been looking at this PythonNet stuff and it is all getting a bit blurry. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers to basically get python recognizing the ArcMap class or do you have any code that would help me get to that point?

Mark Hammond's book "Python Programming On Win32" covers using COM objects from Python. You're mostly interested in chapter 12. I think this chapter is available for preview from the O'Reilly site.
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565926219/

--
Gabriel Genellina