Gareth Walters wrote:

Ø  I have done some python work before but I new to the COM stuff. I am trying
to Create a MXD and layers to it from python. I have been looking at this
PythonNet stuff and it is all getting a bit blurry.

Ø  I was wondering if you could give me some pointers to basically get python
recognizing the ArcMap class or do you have any code that would help me get to
that point?

You will need the comtypes package to access most of the ArcObjects classes.
If you have

the Python 2.5 installed by the ArcGIS installer, you will have the requisite
ctypes extension.

Sadly, most of the ArcObjects classes don't support the Dispatch interfaces
required by PythonWin.

-------------------------> "These thoughts are mine alone!" <---------

Andrew MacIntyre           Operations Branch

tel:   +61 2 6219 5356     Communications Infrastructure Division

fax:   +61 2 6253 3277     Australian Communications & Media Authority

email: andrew.macint...@acma.gov.au <mailto:andrew.macint...@acma.gov.au>
      http://www.acma.gov.au/ <http://www.acma.gov.au/>

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and erase all copies of the email and any attachments to it. The information
contained in this email and any attachments may be private, confidential and
legally privileged or the subject of copyright. If you are not the addressee it
may be illegal to review, disclose, use, forward, or distribute this email
and/or its contents.

Unless otherwise specified, the information in the email and any attachments is
intended as a guide only and should not be relied upon as legal or technical
advice or regarded as a substitute for legal or technical advice in individual
cases. Opinions contained in this email or any of its attachments do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of ACMA.