Dear list members,

I'm using Python 2.5.2 running on Win2k.

I've just try one of Tim Golden's "Win32 How Do I" hints. Those on printing with win32print - Spooler API wraper.

The problem? The problem is a huge delay in printing - about two to four minutes. I'm printing to HP LJ 1320 connected via USB port or print server attached to parallel port.

Can You explain the cause and perhaps point me out to solution or workaround?

Sincerely Your's

Here's the code:

import win32print
printer_name = win32print.GetDefaultPrinter ()
#
# raw_data could equally be raw PCL/PS read from
#  some print-to-file operation
#
raw_data = "This is a test"

hPrinter = win32print.OpenPrinter (printer_name)
try:
hJob = win32print.StartDocPrinter (hPrinter, 1, ("test of raw data", None, "RAW"))
  try:
    win32print.WritePrinter (hPrinter, raw_data)
  finally:
    win32print.EndDocPrinter (hPrinter)
finally:
  win32print.ClosePrinter (hPrinter)