Jerzy Wolowik <m...@cas.pl> wrote:

>   Dear list members,
>

> I'm using Python 2.5.2 running on Win2k.
>

> I've just try one of Tim Golden's "Win32 How Do I"
> hints. Those on printing with win32print - Spooler API
> wraper.
>

> The problem? The problem is a huge delay in printing -
> about two to four minutes. I'm printing to HP LJ 1320
> connected via USB port or print server attached to
> parallel port.
>

> Can You explain the cause and perhaps point me out to
> solution or workaround?

I would guess that the printer is waiting to see if more data is going to be
sent and eventually - after a timeout - deciding not.  Looks to me as if
your test data needs at least a carriage-return to mark the end of a line,
and more to the point something (but I'm not sure what) to mark end of page.
 It might just be an EOF character.

Failing that some PCL command sequence, perhaps?  It might be worth doing a
pront to file of some simple plain text document and then looking at the
printout file to see what else is in it.

Conceivably if you sent one long string of test data, where the volume of
text was more than one page's worth, you'd see the first page print
immediately and then a long delay for the second page.