Mark Hammond wrote:
> For a while hg was the only option, then bzr and git joined the crowd.
> With Python still targeting a move to hg from svn, that seems like the
> obvious choice - but I've been a bit unhappy with my hg experiences and
> with some of the discussions about how Python's workflow needs to change
> to accommodate it.  I initially struggled to get my head around git, but
> now that I am becoming more familiar with it I like it alot.  Windows
> support for both is currently fairly reasonable - especially if you
> don't care too much about "tortoise" style shell integration - which I
> don't.  Both hg and git finally seem to have workable options to support
> Windows line-endings in files.
>
> Does anyone else in pywin32-land have any opinions about this?  Does
> anyone feel strongly one way or another?

I had been resisting the urge to move away from CVS for our internal
source control, but at the urging of someone (on this list, as I
recall), I checked out three of the "modern" source code control
systems, and found that I liked Mercurial (hg) quite a lot.  I've now
converted to hg for all of my personal work.  I use only the
command-line tools -- I haven't installed the tortoise stuff either.

"git" just seemed to be too much of a lifestyle commitment.  You're
really working with a lot of details that seemed unnecessary to me.

I haven't had any line-ending hassles yet.  That has certainly been an
issue with CVS over the years.