Re !

You expect Windows and Internet Explorer to actually respond quickly.

Yes. It is the case for my computers.
IE start in 4 s (1st launch, then 2 s) in my slowest machine. On fast CPU: 2 s (1st) & then immediatly.

I gave up on using fixed timers, because sometimes it would take a minute or more for my target window, or Windows itself, to respond.

Aarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!   In a similar case, I defer to the abacus...

Of course, that may not be the problem at all

Before ask help in this list, I tried dozens of differents things (but not THE good...) The problem disappears when I use a local URL (ex.: file:///C:/test.html ). It come back if I "Navigate()" on web's URL.

After close the windows with the ocx, later in scripts, Python run OK: I can open others windows, call functions, scripts, etc. All run OK... until the end. And, here, Python do not close...

If I comment these 2 lines:
#ieocx = ocx.CreateControl("Web Browser", win32con.WS_TABSTOP | win32con.WS_VISIBLE, (0,20,800,480), w_pyw, 3456)
  #ocx.Navigate("http://google.fr";)
all my scripts/tests run OK.

Good day! And sorry for my poor english...

--
Michel Claveau