It should be able to run any type of application really. The only
limitation by default are what ports and access to the host filesystem that
are made available to the container. But you can export whatever ports you
want and mount the host file system. To the host, it all looks like a
docker instance process. But inside, the application still have full use of
the system, just in its own environment space, with its own process space.