Hey Guys,

I am just starting (yesterday actually) to convert our Softimage Rendering
Pipeline to Maya.

The first thing I need to be able to do is access and change the various
Render Settings per Render Layer.

Since there is Python 1 API,Python 2 API, PyMel etc. I'm a bit confused at
where I should be concentrating my time learning the maya API.

I am not looking for someone to tell me the exact way to do this, but
rather where to learn the best approach for this and how to get to the
parts of the API documentation that I need to without getting bogged down
in methods that are obsolete etc.

DOes this make sense ?

I miss Softimage's API Documenation ... it was simple ... There was an
object model, you looked up what you needed to address (file name prefix
for example) and it gave you the various ways to access those classes and
functions.

Thanks