In article <5cc02f7c-f5a0-4c3a-830b-3a5d5d81a...@mcgill.ca>,
 Henry Olders <henry.old...@mcgill.ca> wrote:
> TextMate is a mac text editor which has a number of features that I like
> because they reduce the number of keystrokes, including search and replace
> within projects.
> http://macromates.com

I'm a big fan of TextMate as well.  TM has had a bit of a checkered past
but a lot has changed recently.  After great success for several years
with its first version, development seemed to stall.  The long-promised
rewrite failed to appear year after year and gained the reputation of
Duke Nukem Forever vaporware.  But last year, Allan Odgaard took the
major step of open sourcing TextMate 2 on GitHub and inviting community
collaboration on it.  (Note, the language-specific plugins for TM 1 have
always been open sourced.)   TM2 development has since become very
active and, although it is still in alpha status, I've found it to be
very stable and bringing many improvements to what is in TM1.  If you
find it useful, I would encourage you to contribute to its development
by purchasing an official license for TM1 but, because TM2 is open
source, you can use it for free.  Besides the development alpha builds,
TM2 is also available through MacPorts.

https://github.com/textmate/textmate/downloads

--
 Ned Deily,