Christopher,
it still isn't clear to me _why_ you wouldn’t want to use a framework build…

The whole exercise feels a bit like discussions from 15 years ago, with Unix
wizards who wanted MacOS to behave as if it was plain vanilla Unix without all
the things Apple changed. And that is much less true today than it was then…

Jack

--
Jack Jansen, <jack.jan...@cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack