From: pywikipedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:pywikipedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Morten Wang
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:15 PM
To: Pywikipedia discussion list
Subject: Re: [Pywikipedia-l] Recent changes,permission denied need patrol right

On 20 March 2012 12:53, Bináris <wikipo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/20 Morten Wang <nett...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Lately I have noticed
>> that this script throws an error:
>>
>>    raise APIError(code, info, **result["error"])
>

> What does "lately" mean? Is there a coincidence with installation of MW
> 1.19?

In this case, "lately" means "since yesterday", which was when I first
noticed the problem.  It might be that it's related to MW 1.19, but I
when I checked yesterday, all three Wikipedias that I poll (English,
Swedish, and Norwegian) were running the same build of 1.19 (from what
I could tell).

The first Wikipedia that threw this error was Norwegian.  They were
kind enough to quickly give the bot the patroller flag, and I haven't
seen the error there since.  Today I noticed the problem also
occurring when polling English Wikipedia.

So I'm slightly confused about where to start looking for the problem,
as the information I have so far does not make it very clear.

Cheers,
Morten