On 13.02.24 18:32, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 10:53:18PM +0100, David Hildenbrand wrote:
We barely had mmap_offset set in the past. With virtio-mem and
dynamic-memslots that will change.

In vu_add_mem_reg() and vu_set_mem_table_exec_postcopy(), we are
performing pointer arithmetics, which is wrong.

Wrong how? I suspect you mean arithmetic on void * pointers is not portable?

You are absolutely right, no idea how I concluded that we might have a different pointer size here.

I'll either convert this patch into a cleanup or drop it for v2, thanks!

--
Cheers,

David / dhildenb