On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 at 18:34, Thomas Huth <th...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 20/06/2024 10.28, Arthur Tumanyan wrote:
> >  From the other hand the device is declared as non pluggable:
> > dc->user_creatable = false;
>
> Well, that means that you cannot use those with "-device". They can only be
> instantiated via the code that creates the machine.
>
> > Can you please help me to use designware-root-host/port devices ?
>
> It seems like the i.MX7 SABRE machine is using this device, so instead of
> "-M virt", you could have a try with "-M mcimx7d-sabre" (and a kernel that
> supports this machine) instead.

Right -- these devices are the PCIe controller that's used on the i.MX7
and i.MX6 SoCs, and they're automatically created when you use a machine
type that uses one of those SoCs. The "virt" board doesn't use that
PCIe controller, it uses the "generic PCIe bridge" TYPE_GPEX_HOST
(and you automatically get a PCIe controller when you use the virt board).
You can't change the PCIe controller type of a QEMU machine from
the command line, you have to configure the guest to use the controller
the machine type provides.

thanks
-- PMM