On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 at 08:07, Arthur Tumanyan <arthurtuman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to run mcimx7d-sabre machine this way:
>
> ${HOME}/cosim/usr/local/bin/qemu-system-arm -M mcimx7d-sabre -m 2G \
> -kernel ${HOME}/cosim-arm/buildroot/output/images/uImage \
>         --initrd ${HOME}/cosim-arm/buildroot/output/images/rootfs.cpio.gz \
> -nographic \
> -net nic -net user
>
> and it just prints this and do nothing: qemu-system-arm: warning: nic
> imx.enet.1 has no peer
>
> Based on what I see in the mcimx7d-sabre.c , it configures just very basic
> things, no PCIe at all (may be I'm wrong ;) )

The machine model in mcimx7d-sabre.c creates the SoC object
(TYPE_FSL_IMX7). It's the code for that in hw/arm/fsl-imx7.c
that creates all the SoC devices including the PCIe controller.
(This structure is similar to real hardware where you have a
board, which has one or two chips on it like RAM but most of
the complicated stuff is inside the one big SoC chip.)

> Is there any idea what goes wrong here ? Maybe someone has experience with
> running this machine ?

"No output" usually means "your guest kernel is not configured
correctly for this machine type", and/or possibly "you didn't
tell the kernel to output on the serial port".

The "no peer" warning is because this board has two ethernet devices,
and your command line explicitly wires up one but not the other.
If you drop both the "-net" options entirely it will probably go
away (you get the default user networking anyway).

thanks
-- PMM