On 25/6/24 08:05, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Il mar 25 giu 2024, 04:32 Roman Kiryanov <r...@google.com <mailto:r...@google.com>> ha scritto:

    Hi Philippe, thank you for looking.

    On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
    <phi...@linaro.org <mailto:phi...@linaro.org>> wrote:
     > In particular this patch seems contained well enough
     > to be carried in forks were C++ _is_ used.

    Will you agree to take #ifdef __cplusplus  and #error to the QEMU side
    in atomic.h and
    we will keep atomic.hpp on our side? The error message looks better
    when atomic.hpp
    is somewhere near.

I think we should also move typeof_strip_qual elsewhere; I will take a look. I think there are a couple headers that already have #ifdef __cplusplus, but I need to check (no source code around right now).

$ git grep -l __cplusplus
ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h
include/hw/xtensa/xtensa-isa.h
include/qemu/compiler.h
include/qemu/osdep.h
include/standard-headers/drm/drm_fourcc.h
include/sysemu/os-posix.h
include/sysemu/os-win32.h
linux-headers/linux/stddef.h
qga/vss-win32/requester.h

But another good thing to do would be to avoid having atomic.h as a rebuild-the-world header, and any steps towards that would be very welcome.

Paolo

    Regards,
    Roman.