On 25/06/2024 01.33, Richard Henderson wrote:
Hiya,

I've just discovered a 32-bit build issue that is probably 3 weeks old.

While we still support 32-bit builds at all, I would request that we improve our cross-i686 testing.  For instance: we have cross-i686-user and cross-i686-tci.  There is some system build testing in the tci job, but (rightfully) not everything.

System emulation on 32-bit x86 hosts is marked as deprecated since QEMU 8.0 ... maybe we could finally remove it instead?

I would like a full cross-i686-system target that builds all targets, and I would like the debian-i686-cross image on which we base these to be more complete -- ideally, exactly matching x86_64.  In particular, CONFIG_SEV is not detected within the current docker image, which is where the current build error is located.

Do you have time to look at this?

If you really, really want to go a step backwards, then basically just revert commit 4f9a8315e65561bafa03651518aa5d22af09bdee and use the i686-debian-cross-container image instead of the removed i386-fedora-cross-container image.

 HTH,
  Thomas