On 7/25/24 20:13, Thomas Huth wrote:
  Hi Richard,

just for my understanding, did you try to run the tests in parallel (i.e. something like "make -j$(nproc)")?

No, I ran "make check-functional" with zero parallelism.

For me, it works fine if I use normal serial testing with "-j" (btw. Avocado v88 is doing serial testing, too, so you won't lose much time during the first run here). But if downloading fails for you without "-j", too, I agree, we need to tackle that problem first, e.g. by implementing what Daniel suggested. That will take a little bit longer, of course, so I hope you meanwhile found a work-around for the problem with the missing "imp" package on your system?

Not so far.  I'm using VMs for avocado testing at present.

r~